1/4 Photos of Deep Fried Mars Bars
Invented in Scotland, this dish has now become famous worldwide. It is an excellent source of fat, sugar and calories. For a seasonal variation you could also try deep frying a Cadbury's Creme Egg.
My Private Note
deep fr ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chill the chocolate bar by keeping it in the fridge, but don't freeze it.
- 2Mix the flours and bicarbonate of soda (baking soda) together.
- 3Add milk (traditional) or beer (which gives a lighter result) until you get a batter with the consistency of thin cream.
- 4Heat the oil until a small piece of bread will brown in a few seconds, but don't allow to smoke.
- 5Remove wrapper from chilled chocolate bar.
- 6Coat completely in batter.
- 7Carefully lower into hot oil and fry until golden brown.
- 8Serve, with ice cream or french fries, if you're so inclined.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deep Fried Mars Bars
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 899.6
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 8.5 mg
- Sodium 154.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 171.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 26.7 g
- Protein 21.0 g