1/4 Photos of Deep Fried Mars Bars
Invented in Scotland, this dish has now become famous worldwide. It is an excellent source of fat, sugar and calories. For a seasonal variation you could also try deep frying a Cadbury's Creme Egg.
My Private Note
deep fr ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chill the chocolate bar by keeping it in the fridge, but don't freeze it.
- 2Mix the flours and bicarbonate of soda (baking soda) together.
- 3Add milk (traditional) or beer (which gives a lighter result) until you get a batter with the consistency of thin cream.
- 4Heat the oil until a small piece of bread will brown in a few seconds, but don't allow to smoke.
- 5Remove wrapper from chilled chocolate bar.
- 6Coat completely in batter.
- 7Carefully lower into hot oil and fry until golden brown.
- 8Serve, with ice cream or french fries, if you're so inclined.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deep Fried Mars Bars
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 899.6
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 8.5 mg
- Sodium 154.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 171.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 26.7 g
- Protein 21.0 g