Prep. time does not include the time to refrigerate the hot sauce for the flavors to blend well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- salt and pepper
- 2 dozen oysters, shucked and drained
- oil (for deep frying)
For Hot Sauce
- 1Mix together the ingredients for sauce.
- 2Cover closely and refrigerate for several hours to allow the flavors to blend.
- 3Mix the cornmeal with cayenne, salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Dredge the oysters in cornmeal.
- 5Deep fry in batches in oil heated to 375 degrees for about 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- 6Drain on paper towels and serve immediately, with hot sauce.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deep-Fried Oysters With Hot Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 450.0
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 157.6 mg
- Sodium 598.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 30.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: