Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a combination recipe-options include cutting the peach in half and filling cavity with an ammerato cookie or vanilla ice cream-put the peach back together-then fry!
- Take blanched, peeled peaches and roll in the 1/4 cup flour.
- Combine the remaining flour, sugar, coconut, cracker crumbs, cinnamon, ginger, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl combine the egg and 1 cup of milk.
- Fork into the the flour mixture.
- If the batter is to thick add a bit of milk.
- Pour oil into a large, deep saucepan so that its around 3 to 4 inches deep-heat to medium high.
- Dip peaches in the batter and then into hot oil.
- Fry for 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- The pan should hold 3 at a time without touching.