Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A response to a recipe request, I've heard interesting things over the years about fried pickles but have never tried them myself... :)
- Combine 2 eggs, 1/4 cup flour, milk, worcestershire sauce, Tabasco, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder; stirring well; set aside.
- Combine cornmeal, 2 cups flour, salt, and pepper, and mix well.
- Dip drained pickles into milk mixture and dredge in flour mixture.
- Deep fry at 350 degrees until golden brown.
- Drain, salt and pepper to taste.
- Also works great with pepperoncinis!
Yes, I've actually tried it, and it comes out just like the ones I love at a local sports bar! Perhaps we're weird down here in Louisiana - but you can eat them with one of two things - ketchup or ranch dressing topped with a little bit of Tony's Creole Seasonings. :)
I made this for a party today and they were a big hit! Most people had never tried them before but really liked them. I had never made these before and they were really simple. I also fried a few pepperocinis and they were great. The coating didn't stick well to the peppers but they were crispy and good. I got several requests for the recipe. Thanks for sharing it!
I used the recipe this 4th of July for about 40 people. The review that I recieved was large, the thought was that they were better than the "Chain Stores.