1/2 Photos of Deep-Fried Shrimp Cakes (Taud Man Goong)
This recipe is from "The Food Of Asia" a really beautiful book published in 1998. I have not tried this recipe - it is being posted in response to a recipe request for Thai appetizers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 lbs shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 5 ounces lard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- oil, for deep-frying
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cauliflower, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon baby corn, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon cucumber, chopped
- 5 bird's eye chilies (or any fresh, hot chili)
- 2 shallots or 2 green onions, finely sliced
- 1Chop shrimp and lard together until fine.
- 2Add salt, sugar& bread crumbs and shape into small patties.
- 3Deep fry until golden brown& fragrant.
- 4For the accompaniment: Bring vinegar and 1/2 cup sugar to a boil- then cool.
- 5Add all vegetables, chilis& shallots- set aside.
- 6Serve with fried patties.
Browse Our Top Thai Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Thai Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deep-Fried Shrimp Cakes (Taud Man Goong)
Serving Size: 1 (1567 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.7
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 50.5 mg
- Sodium 239.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 7.5 g