Mama's Kitchen (Hope)'s Note:
Make your glazed spiral ham crunchy and bacony on the outside while moist and juicy on the inside. Only in TX would we deep fry meat that is already cooked!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 lbs ham, spiral sliced and glazed
- 3 gallons peanut oil, about, as needed to properly fill pot
- 1In an outdoor turkey fryer kind of contraption heat several gallons of peanut oil to 375.
- 2You can use the oil left over from frying a cajun turkey- it is seasoned and hot already and just perfect.
- 3Lower the ham - unwrapped of course- into the hot oil.
- 4Do not do anything to the ham- just remove from package.
- 5As the ham fries it will 'seal' the outside with a type of crust like crispy bacon and seal all the juices inside.
- 6Fry about 7-9 minutes- longer will give you MORE crust, shorter will produce less crust. You may need to make this recipe a few times before you find the perfect 'doneness' for you.
- 7Carefully remove from oil and let drain and cool a little.
- 8Slice as you would any spiral cut ham.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deep Fried Spiral Sliced Ham
Serving Size: 1 (903 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 556.7
- Calories from Fat 394
- Total Fat 43.7 g
- Saturated Fat 15.2 g
- Cholesterol 148.1 mg
- Sodium 2635.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 34.4 g