This is a crunchy, healthy, no meat appetizer. You can serve with the sauces I have posted or your favorite store bought!
- 1 lb firm tofu, cut into 1 inch squares and towel dried
- 1⁄3 cup sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- salt and pepper, to season
- asian plum sauce (Asian Plum Sauce)
- thai peanut sauce (Thai Peanut Sauce)
- spicy peanut sauce (Spicy Peanut Sauce)
- your favorite sauce
- Mix together sesame seeds, sugar, cornstarch & flour.
- Roll tofu in sesame mixture till well coated.
- Heat oil in skillet till hot.
- Fry squares till well browned.
- Drain on paper towels & set aside.
- Arrange on a platter & serve warm with the sauce.