This is a crunchy, healthy, no meat appetizer. You can serve with the sauces I have posted or your favorite store bought!
- 1 lb firm tofu, cut into 1 inch squares and towel dried
- 1⁄3 cup sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- salt and pepper, to season
- asian plum sauce (Asian Plum Sauce)
- thai peanut sauce (Thai Peanut Sauce)
- spicy peanut sauce (Spicy Peanut Sauce)
- your favorite sauce
- Mix together sesame seeds, sugar, cornstarch & flour.
- Roll tofu in sesame mixture till well coated.
- Heat oil in skillet till hot.
- Fry squares till well browned.
- Drain on paper towels & set aside.
- Arrange on a platter & serve warm with the sauce.
Love it. Easy to make and a great companion to many Asian sauces. I used the Hoisin-Peanut Sauce in my recipe "Thai Basil Rolls With Hoisin-Peanut Sauce". Made for ZWT #6 and I'm a Quisine Queen!!
This was okay. Nothing special, in my opinion, as far as tofu recipes go: There are more exciting things to do with it.
wow...love it. I took the fried tofu cubes, added some steamfresh broccoli, poured on some bottled peanut sauce, mixed it together...yummy dinner in like 15 minutes :-) Thanks