1/1 Photo of Deep Fried Vegetables
We had deep fried calamari and vegetables at a restaurant and my Wife LOVED it, so when we got home, I experimented for a few hours, and this is what I came up with. It can be used as a base batter recipe for deep fried calamari and vegetables, shrimp alone or with veggies, chicken, broccoli, you name it. It's versatile and delicious! I'm writing it as though it's for just veggies. The ingredients listed is enough for 1-1 1/2 pounds of meat, veggies, or a combination of both. Substitute principle ingredient as you wish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs vegetables
- 1 cup unsifted white flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika (Hungarian is best)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground rosemary
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 cup milk (room temperature)
- 2 cups oil, to deep fry (there will be oil left when you are done)
- 1Preheat oil in large, thick bottom pot or fryer, on medium-high heat.
- 2Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl, add liquids, and carefully stir together.
- 3Dip veggies into batter and drop into hot oil, cooking until golden brown.
- 4Remove and allow to drain over paper towel-covered plate, then serve while hot.
- 5The Fat content under Nutritional attributes will be falsely high, as most of the oil drains away, and is not consumed.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deep Fried Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 760.5
- Calories from Fat 676
- Total Fat 75.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 40.9 mg
- Sodium 225.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: