Prep 72 hrs
Cook 40 mins
Better than you can Imagine! Cook Time varies..
Make and share this Deep-Fried Wild Turkey recipe from Food.com.
- Mix all ingredients except turkey, pot and peanut oil to make a marinade.
- Let stand overnight in refrigerator.
- Use meat injecting needle to inject all through turkey.
- Put turkey and marinade in a large plastic bag and keep in the refrigerator for 1 to 3 days.
- Remove in time to bring to room temp before cooking.
- Heat oil in a 40-60 quart pot to 325F (Use candy thermometer).
- Immerse turkey completely and cook for 4 minutes per pound.
- Place a pie tin with holes in the bottom, in the bottom of the deep fryer to prevent sticking.