Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Deep Fry Breading for fried Chicken, pork tenderloin, or fish. This will give you a nice substantial crispy breading for your deep fried foods
- Wisk together batter ingediients in a large mixing bowl until smooth. should be the Consistency of runny pancake batter.
- Put as much of your meat in the bowl with the batter as you can, and make sure it is all well coated with the batter. let it set for at least 5 minutes.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a 9 X 13 baking pan, make sure they are well mixed.
- Reserve 1 cup of dry mix and spread it evenly on a platter this keeps the pieces from getting soggy and pulling the breading off of each other.
- Use the wet hand, dry hand method and take each battered piece and dredge it in the dry mix until well coated and then move to platter, do not stack the pieces.
- only prepare as many pieces as willl fit in your deep fryer in one batch.
- Do each batch seperately just before putting in fryer and fry until medium brown following your Fryers directions.
- Don't try to Stretch the dry mix, when it gets soggy and too clumpy, make a new batch of dry mix.
Fantastic!!! I used cornmeal in place of the bread crumbs and fried sliced squash. Tonight I am using it to batter and fry green tomatoes. A keeper!!!!!
I took thawed chicken tenders, and made little chunks, I placed them in a zip lock bag and poured the batter mix over them (tossed them around to get all pieces covered). Took each batch out and breaded them, then deep fried and shook 1/2 of them in buffalo sauce and the other 1/2 in BBQ for the kids. It was like eating at a local wings place!!