1/2 Photos of Delicious Corn Dogs
I use "Schneider's Juicy Jumbo" hot dogs for these, as they are quite large and hold well under the corn meal coating, I am not certain if they sell this brand in the states, if not just make certain that the hot dogs are a larger size. These are really good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the first 10 ingredients in a bowl (if the batter is extremely thick then add in a litle more milk use just enough to hold the batter onto the hotdog do not add in too much milk or the batter will not hold on).
- 2Transfer the mixture to a shallow dish (I find that an 11 x 7-inch baking pan works well for this).
- 3Push the wooden skewers into the hot dogs.
- 4Roll/coat the hot dogs well with the cornmeal mixture.
- 5Heat oil to 375 degrees F.
- 6Deep-fry the corn dogs for about 2 minutes until golden brown (do not over fry as the corn dogs will have a burnt taste, 2 minutes should be enough time).
- 7Drain on paper towels.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Corn Dogs
Serving Size: 1 (97 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.7
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 52.3 mg
- Sodium 832.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 9.2 g