1/10 Photos of Delicious Fried Chicken Breast
24 hrs 16 mins
Better than fast food takeout, brining is the key to this tender juicy chicken, any leftovers can be stuffed in between a crusty bun topped with mayo, mustard and a leaf of lettuce, this also works well using bone-on chicken pieces but frying time will need to be adjusted --- plan ahead the chicken needs to soak in the buttermilk for 8-24 hours (24 hours is even better). Try to purchase large thick chicken breasts for this to make the slicing in half easier, use a sharp knife for slicing. I usually serve this with my Creamy Mushroom Sauce/Gravy --- if you cannot find Old Bay seasoning, use 2 teaspoons of seasoning salt in place of regular salt --- you will *love* this fried chicken! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced in half
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 -3 teaspoons garlic powder (garlic lovers use 3 teaspoons)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional or adjust to heat level)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 teaspoons salt (you can reduce to 2 teaspoons if desired)
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon celery powder
- oil (for frying, do not use olive oil)
- 1Soak the chicken breasts in the buttermilk and salt for 8-24 hours.
- 2When ready to make the breasts, mix all coating ingredients together, and coat each chicken breast.
- 3Place oil in a 10-inch heavy-bottomed skillet up to about 1/3 of the pan.
- 4Heat to about 350°F, then reduce heat a bit just before frying the breasts.
- 5Cook/fry about 8 minutes per side.
- 6*NOTE* reduce the heat if you find that the chicken is browning too much, careful not to over brown.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Fried Chicken Breast
Serving Size: 1 (803 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 875.4
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 255.2 mg
- Sodium 5436.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 15.9 g
- Protein 100.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning