1/1 Photo of Delish Buttermilk Fried Chicken Strips
Adapted from a friend's recipe, these were the best chicken strips EVER. We like to serve with homemade honey mustard, buffalo wing sauce or gravy, depending on our mood. Enjoy! *prep time does not include marinade time*
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 2 inch chunks
- 4 eggs
- 1 -2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, divided
- 1 -2 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 2 teaspoons fresh coarse ground black pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 cup cracker, crushed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 1Soak chicken in buttermilk several hours or over night.
- 2Drain off buttermilk into a dipping container and whisk in eggs.
- 3Coat chicken with half of each of the seasonings: salt, pepper, garlic, and cayenne.
- 4In another dipping container mix crackers and flour along with remaining seasonings.
- 5Next, dip the breast into dry then wet, then back into dry again.
- 6Shallow fry in batches of peanut oil heated to 350 in a cast iron skillet until golden brown, about 8-10 min per side.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delish Buttermilk Fried Chicken Strips
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 462.9
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 281.0 mg
- Sodium 898.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 38.1 g