Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I have been meaning to post this recipe for a long time; these are absolutely delicious! Dixie Crossroads is a fantastic seafood restaurant in Florida, and they serve these before each meal. At the restaurant you can buy the fritter mix, but they also give out the recipe so you can make them from scratch.
- In a large pot or deep fryer, heat your preferred oil to deep fry with to approximately 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine beaten eggs, milk, and butter.
- Whisk egg mixture into dry ingredients; stir in corn last.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls into hot oil; deep fry about 5 minutes, or until fritters are golden brown.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve as soon as possible; best when served very warm.