1 hr 20 mins
This recipe found at Aunt Clara's Kitchen. I've used this recipe changing the filling. I've also increased ingredients and more for parties. These can be made ahead of time and frozen till needed. If you freeze, allow them to thaw before deep frying. Can also exchange meat for shredded cheese or fruit jellies/jams for a quick dessert. Hope you enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 ounces frozen flour rounds (i.e. Don Pepe, can be found in latin stores freezer section)
- 1Chop onions and the green pepper into very small cubes.
- 2In shallow pan, heat two teaspoons of oil, add onions, chicken or meat, and the green peppers, stir. Add the black pepper, coriander, and tomato paste. Let simmer at very low heat until all liquid has evaporated. Reserve.
- 3Mix all the dry ingredients first, then add the water and mix well. Mix everything with hands on a slightly floured surface until mixed well, don't knead the dough (add some flour if too sticky). Let dough rest for 10 minutes covered in plastic film.
- 4On lightly floured surface roll out dough, cut out circles of about 4 inches in diameter.
- 5Before using the filling you can add some raisins and/or some sliced olives, mix into meat. Put a teaspoon of chicken or meat in the center, fold over in a semi-circle and seal the border pressing it with a fork (for better results, wet finger with water and lightly coat the edges of the lower half of circle then use fork, this creates a tighter seal).
- 6Deep fry the pastelitos and drain excess oil on a paper towel before serving.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dominican Pastelitos (Savory Pasties)
Serving Size: 1 (355 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1372.7
- Calories from Fat 1049
- Total Fat 116.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 79.4 mg
- Sodium 1599.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 31.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen flour rounds