Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I had these at a restaurant and I fell in love with them. I tried many doughnut recipes until I found this recipe, it's identical to the one from the restauran. I liked them served with honey or honey butter, they are also great with your favorite jam or preserves.
- In a large saucepan bring the water to a boil and add the sugar, cook for 1 minute.
- Continuously whisking, slowly pour the flour into the water. When the mixture becomes too thick for the whisk, change to a wooden spoon and continue to cook over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Pour the mixture out onto a counter and allow to cool. Knead the dough for 8 minute
- Roll into a rope about 1/3-inch thickness. Cut the rope into lengths of about 6 inches, and form doughnut-shaped rings. Brush with egg.
- Fry in the oil until golden, about 2-4 minutes, turning once then remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.