Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a tasty Italian favorite that I always serve with linguine. It looks and tastes just as delicious as in a restaurant and costs a lot less :)
- Combine eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl or pie plate.
- Combine bread crumbs and parmesan cheese in a shallow bowl, plate or pie plate.
- Dip each chicken cutlet in egg mixture and then coat completely with bread crumb mixture.
- Heat half inch of oil in a pan over med-high heat.
- Fry each cutlet and turn over when golden brown.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- When cutlets are crispy and golden on both side and juices run clear, place them on a baking sheet.
- Place a slice of provolone cheese on top of each cutlet and place in the oven.
- In the meantime, heat sauce in the microwave or on the stove top.
- When cheese is melted, remove cutlets from oven and spoon some sauce nicely over each one.
- Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.
- Serve with your favorite pasta and remaining sauce.
This recipe is easy, and it does taste authentic! It was so easy to prepare. I used a really good jar of spaghetti sauce that had some sausage and basil in it. The outcome was excellent! I served it with Mediterranean Vegetables and it was a great combination. Thanks for sharing this recipe because I will be using it again and again.
Excellent recipe - so easy to follow and tastes as good or better than restaurant fare. I use Classico sauce with tomato and basil, which complements the chicken very well. This has become my husband's favorite dish and he cannot get enough. Thank you for sharing.
A very nice way to make Chicken Parmesan. I made it exactly as written without any changes. My family enjoyed having provolone on top because it gave the chicken a rich flavor. It worked great and it was easy to put together.