Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Very quick, tasty and simple to make. Can also be used with prawns (shrimp) or fish fillets. Garnish with lemon wedges. Simply delicious
- 500 g squid, tubes
- 125 g flour
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 bunch fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Slice squid tubes in to rings.
- Combine flour and cajun seasoning in a ziploc bag and toss.
- Deep fry for 30/40 seconds.
- In a food processor, process everything except the oil.
- Slowly drizzle in the oil until emulsified.
- Add chopped coriander.
- Place into a bowl for 30mins for the flavours to develop.
- Serve on the side or drizzle some of the vinaigrette over the calamari.
This was very good, Although there was a lot of vinaigrette left over. I didn't pour the vinaigrette over the calamari, i instead put it in a bowl as a dipping sauce and that worked out fine. I also topped the calamari with some cracked black pepper and some salt. This was definitly good and will probably make this again, as long as I have a stronger cajun seasoning (mine was a bit weak)
I love Calamari! This was delicious, it was full of flavour and so easy to make. I followed the recipe exactly as written, didn't change a thing. It was such a big hit the serving plate was empty, I served it with Pineapple and Coriander Salsa & Spiced Carrot Salad (Greek). Thank you darang61