1/11 Photos of Easy Chicken Egg Rolls
Karen From Colorado's Note:
I like this recipe because it uses already prepared ingredients found in your produce department with the packaged salad greens. Great egg rolls without all the work for those after work meals. (of which I need often) Leave the chicken out for vegetarian egg rolls or substitute shrimp for seafood eggrolls. Keep the oil hot and fry quickly to keep egg rolls from becoming greasy. They only need to brown and crisp, not cook. Frying only 3 or 4 at a time while rolling the others will make it easier to keep track of both the rolling and frying at the same time (unless you have a helper in your kitchen to do one or the other). Serve with my easy sweet and sour dipping sauce (Sweet and Sour Dipping Sauce) for a real taste treat. Since preparation (rolling) and cook time can be done at the same time, times are approximate. Recipe came from my friend and co-worker, Teri. Thank you Teri!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1 cup finely diced onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 (16 ounce) bags packaged coleslaw mix, with shredded carrots
- 1 (12 ounce) bag bean sprouts
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, diced
- 1/2 cup bottled teriyaki marinade
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 24 egg roll wraps
- hot oil (for frying)
- 1Cook onion and garlic in the 2 tablespoons cooking oil until the onions are tender but not browned.
- 2Add the chicken, packaged coleslaw mix, bean sprouts, teriyaki sauce and soy sauce to the onions and garlic; mix well.
- 3Cover and steam for 5 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat and stir in the water chestnuts; drain the liquid from the chicken and cabbage mixture; taste and season with salt if desired.
- 5Heat 1 1/2 inches of vegetable oil in a wok or large frying pan.
- 6While oil heats, wrap about 1/4 cup of the chicken and cabbage mixture in egg roll wraps, rolling tightly and sealing edges with beaten egg.
- 7Fry until a deep golden brown, a few at a time; drain on paper towels.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Chicken Egg Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (1747 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 126.9
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 2.8 mg
- Sodium 583.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
packaged coleslaw mix