1/2 Photos of Easy-Peasy Sugar Butterflies
Happy Harry #2's Note:
I was so surprised when I went to check out if these were posted or not. I have made this with my older grandkids and before that with my own kids so I don't remember where I first got this...but give it a try***UPDATE***as you can see by the picture someone tried this recipe. To me, it was a failure, but not on the part of the cook. She was very nice about it, and even told me her family liked it. The problem was the instructions. It is important not to assume that all the ingredients are familiar. The instructions you see now are more concise. The cook offered to have the pictures removed,I said no, let them stand as an example....
My Private Note
per per ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil to very hot in deep fryer or large pot.
- 2Place skins on work area and keep covered with tea towel so they don't dry out.
- 3Working one at a time, place skin down in a diamond pattern.
- 4With a sharp knife, make a straight slit of about 1/2 inch(like a 1) in the center of skin.
- 5Pick wonton up in left hand, take right tip with right hand and push down through slit. Reach behind slit with left hand gently holding tip. Take hold of left tip of diamond and pull to the right while pulling first tip at the same time. (reverse if you are a lefty).
- 6The middle will be wrinkly. As each is done, place under a slightly moist tea towel so they don't dry out.
- 7You can practice doing this first on a paper napkin. After doing a few, it becomes very easy.
- 8Fry quickly in batches until golden brown.
- 9Drain on brown paper bags.
- 10Sprinkle with powdered sugar when just slightly warm. Another way is to put sugar in a paper bag, add four of five wontons, shake gently.
- 11Remember to allow time to drain or sugar will get clumpy.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy-Peasy Sugar Butterflies
Serving Size: 1 (25 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 40
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 171.7
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.7 mg
- Sodium 45.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 0.7 g