Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Kids of all ages enjoy this! I like to add in a small finely chopped green pepper, but that is optional
- 1 (14 ounce) package egg roll wraps (24 wrappers)
- 24 pieces mozzarella string cheese
- pepperoni (cut into strips, any amount desired) or salami (cut into strips, any amount desired)
- 1 (10 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, well drained
- prepared marinara sauce (can use homemade sauce)
- oil (for frying)
- Lay out the egg roll wrappers one at a time.
- Place one piece of string cheese in the center near the edge, then arrange some pepperoni strips, mushrooms and green pepper around.
- Roll up the cheese string a little if needed.
- Fold in the sides of the wrappers, then continue to roll up.
- Seal the edge by moistening with water.
- Repeat with remaining egg roll wrappers, cheese and fillings.
- Heat oil in a large heavy skillet or a deep fryer to 365 degrees.
- Fry the wrappers a few at a time, turning once after about 4 minutes.
- Continue frying for 3-5 minutes more, or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Warm the marinara sauce in a serving bowl in the microwave.
- Serve the sticks with marinara sauce for dipping.