Kids of all ages enjoy this! I like to add in a small finely chopped green pepper, but that is optional
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 ounce) package egg roll wraps (24 wrappers)
- 24 pieces mozzarella string cheese
- pepperoni (cut into strips, any amount desired) or salami (cut into strips, any amount desired)
- 1 (10 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, well drained
- prepared marinara sauce (can use homemade sauce)
- oil (for frying)
- 1Lay out the egg roll wrappers one at a time.
- 2Place one piece of string cheese in the center near the edge, then arrange some pepperoni strips, mushrooms and green pepper around.
- 3Roll up the cheese string a little if needed.
- 4Fold in the sides of the wrappers, then continue to roll up.
- 5Seal the edge by moistening with water.
- 6Repeat with remaining egg roll wrappers, cheese and fillings.
- 7Heat oil in a large heavy skillet or a deep fryer to 365 degrees.
- 8Fry the wrappers a few at a time, turning once after about 4 minutes.
- 9Continue frying for 3-5 minutes more, or until golden brown.
- 10Drain on paper towels.
- 11Warm the marinara sauce in a serving bowl in the microwave.
- 12Serve the sticks with marinara sauce for dipping.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Egg Roll Cheese Sticks
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 122.7
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 19.6 mg
- Sodium 270.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 8.8 g