My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix milk, sugar, salt and shortening.
- 2Heat until shortening melts, but don't boil.
- 3Cool to lukewarm.
- 4Add yeast and stir until dissolved.
- 5Stir in flour 2 cups at a time, beating until smooth.
- 6Place dough into a greased bowl.
- 7Cover with a damp cloth and let rise until double in size (about 30 minutes).
- 8Dust hands with flour.
- 9Pinch off pieces about the size of golf balls.
- 10Roll into thin 6-8 inch circles.
- 11Fry one at a time until it rises to the surface.
- 12Turn and fry until light brown.
- 13Drain in paper.
- 14Sprinkle generously with sugar and/or cinnamon& sugar.
Nutritional Facts for Elephant Ears
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 359.0
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 6.4 mg
- Sodium 315.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 8.6 g