1/3 Photos of Em Shaat (Middle Eastern Cauliflower Fritters)
chef FIFI's Note:
A spicy fritter full of taste. Great as a side dish, or in between pita bread as a sandwich like my husband likes it. Leftovers can be refrigerator and eaten cold. *these measurements are approximate, I'm not good at keeping measurements*
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil cauliflower until tender but not mushy.
- 2Once cauliflower is done drain, put in a large bowl.
- 3Separate the floret, keep it somewhat chunky. So cut it into half or fourths.
- 4Meanwhile chop garlic and hot pepper together in a mortar or food processor well.
- 5Add hot pepper,garlic,chopped parsley,1 beaten egg,flour,milk, and salt to taste.
- 6Batter should be thin, a tiny bit thinner than pancake batter.
- 7If batter is too thick, add a bit water. If batter is too thin, add more flour.
- 8Mix well together with a spoon.
- 9Meanwhile let oil get hot enough to fry.
- 10You can make the fritters large or small.
- 11Add mixture to oil with a tablespoon.
- 12Two tablespoon full of mixture will make a large fritter.
- 13Let fry until golden.
- 14Squeeze lemon on top (optional).
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Em Shaat (Middle Eastern Cauliflower Fritters)
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 68.1
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 57.1 mg
- Sodium 40.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 3.8 g