1 hr 30 mins
The Bruce's Note:
This is a great fried turkey recipe, but you need to have the equipment to make it. Equipment needed is an outdoor deep fryer, marinade injector, and a meat thermometer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon zatarian concentrated crab boil
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 1/2 cup Emeril's Original Essence or 1/2 cup creole seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 cup salt
- 1 tablespoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 10 -16 lbs turkey
- peanut oil, for frying (about 5 gallons)
- 1Marinade Instructions:.
- 2Combine the Worcestershire, crab& shrimp boil, apple cider, honey, beer, 1 tbs salt, allspice, Emeril's essence, 1/4 tsp cayenne and ground cloves in a blender and puree on high for 4-6 minutes.
- 3Using a marinade injector, inject the breast, wings, thighs, legs and back with the marinade.
- 4Rub Instructions:.
- 5Combine the remaining salt, cayenne and pepper.
- 6Rub the turkey with the mixture.
- 7Place the turkey in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- 8Frying Instructions:.
- 9Heat the peanut oil to 350 degrees F.
- 10Place turkey in peanut oil and cook the turkey for 3-5 minutes per pound.
- 11Remove the turkey from the oil when the internal temperature reaches 170- 180 degrees F.
- 12Place on paper towel to drain.
- 13Let the turkey rest for 15-20 minutes prior to carving.
Browse Our Top Whole Turkey Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Turkey Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Emeril's Fried Turkey
Serving Size: 1 (557 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 826.9
- Calories from Fat 329
- Total Fat 36.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 308.7 mg
- Sodium 12347.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 21.2 g
- Protein 93.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Emeril's Original Essence