Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a great fried turkey recipe, but you need to have the equipment to make it. Equipment needed is an outdoor deep fryer, marinade injector, and a meat thermometer.
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon zatarian concentrated crab boil
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 cup Emeril's Original Essence or 1⁄2 cup creole seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 cup salt
- 1 tablespoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 10 -16 lbs turkey
- peanut oil, for frying (about 5 gallons)
- Marinade Instructions:.
- Combine the Worcestershire, crab& shrimp boil, apple cider, honey, beer, 1 tbs salt, allspice, Emeril's essence, 1/4 tsp cayenne and ground cloves in a blender and puree on high for 4-6 minutes.
- Using a marinade injector, inject the breast, wings, thighs, legs and back with the marinade.
- Rub Instructions:.
- Combine the remaining salt, cayenne and pepper.
- Rub the turkey with the mixture.
- Place the turkey in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Frying Instructions:.
- Heat the peanut oil to 350 degrees F.
- Place turkey in peanut oil and cook the turkey for 3-5 minutes per pound.
- Remove the turkey from the oil when the internal temperature reaches 170- 180 degrees F.
- Place on paper towel to drain.
- Let the turkey rest for 15-20 minutes prior to carving.
I have made this several Thanksgivings and it is my family's favorite turkey recipe...so flavorful and JUICY!
SALTY! and we cut back to 2/3 cup. We subbed pineapple juice for the apple juice and used a homemade recipe for the essence of emeril. The turkey ended up sitting for an extra day so that may account for the big blast of flavors and the vote is 50/50 for making again.