2 hrs 50 mins
2 hrs 20 mins
I personally like my Hot Wings deep fried and extra crispy. I came up with this recipe after getting tired of the same ol' messy wings with goopy skin. Substitute with your favorite wing sauce, but I always preferred the tangy taste and slight kick of Crystal Hot Sauce. I usually mix Crystal Hot Sauce with a bit of Crystal Extra Hot or Tabasco.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Take thawed chicken wing portions and place in ziplock bag.
- 2Pour hot sauce on wings for desired flavor and heat.
- 3Shake to coat chicken entirely.
- 4Marinate for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- 5Beat eggs in a medium sized bowl.
- 6Pour flour into the spare ziplock bag.
- 7Mix Old Bay seasoning thoroughly with flour.
- 8Add cayenne pepper (red pepper) for extra heat.
- 9Coat wings with beaten egg and then place in the bag with flour.
- 10Shake until wings are completely coated with flour.
- 11Place wings back in the refrigerator for approximately.
- 1215 minutes so the flour will stick to the chicken.
- 13Preheat deep fryer to 370°F, or heat oil in a deep bottomed frying pan.
- 14Deep fry wings until a golden brown.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Extra Crispy Hot Wings
Serving Size: 1 (580 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1255.8
- Calories from Fat 681
- Total Fat 75.7 g
- Saturated Fat 21.2 g
- Cholesterol 455.3 mg
- Sodium 1491.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 92.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning