Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep2 hrs 20 mins
I personally like my Hot Wings deep fried and extra crispy. I came up with this recipe after getting tired of the same ol' messy wings with goopy skin. Substitute with your favorite wing sauce, but I always preferred the tangy taste and slight kick of Crystal Hot Sauce. I usually mix Crystal Hot Sauce with a bit of Crystal Extra Hot or Tabasco.
- Take thawed chicken wing portions and place in ziplock bag.
- Pour hot sauce on wings for desired flavor and heat.
- Shake to coat chicken entirely.
- Marinate for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Beat eggs in a medium sized bowl.
- Pour flour into the spare ziplock bag.
- Mix Old Bay seasoning thoroughly with flour.
- Add cayenne pepper (red pepper) for extra heat.
- Coat wings with beaten egg and then place in the bag with flour.
- Shake until wings are completely coated with flour.
- Place wings back in the refrigerator for approximately.
- 15 minutes so the flour will stick to the chicken.
- Preheat deep fryer to 370°F, or heat oil in a deep bottomed frying pan.
- Deep fry wings until a golden brown.