1/2 Photos of Falafel-Fried
8 hrs 25 mins
You can serve falafel as a appetizer with tahinah for dipping or as a sandwich in pita bread with lettuce and tomatoes with tahinah and hot sauce
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb dried garbanzo beans (chick peas)
- 1/4 cup cracked wheat (bulgher)
- 1 small onion
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs (or as needed)
- oil (for frying)
- 1Soak garbanzos overnight in 2 liters of water.
- 2Next morning, drain.
- 3Place in a large pot, cover and water, add 1 Tbs salt and bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat, cover and simmer 1 1/2 hours.
- 5Drain and allow to cool Soak the cracked wheat in hot water for 20 minutes.
- 6Drain and set aside.
- 7Put in food processor as follows: Place garbanzos in container and process until finely chopped.
- 8Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- 9Peel the onion, cut into chunks and place in container along with parsley and garlic.
- 10Process until finely chopped.
- 11Add onion mixture and cracked wheat to garbanzos in mixing bowl.
- 12Stir in lemon juice and spices, mixing well.
- 13Add bread crumbs until mixture is firm enough to hold a shape.
- 14Shape mixture into 1" balls.
- 15Fry in deep hot oil until light brown and crisp.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Falafel-Fried
Serving Size: 1 (400 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 10.2
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 18.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 0.3 g