Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is Marcel Desaulniers' recipe from the Trellis Restaurant in Williamsburg, Virginia.
Make and share this Ferocious Fried Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Dip pieces into buttermilk, coating thoroughly.
- Combine cornmeal and flour in a shallow dish.
- Roll the chicken in the mixture, coating thoroughly.
- Pour cooking oil into large frying pan, to 1/2 inch depth.
- Heat over medium-high heat until very hot.
- Add chicken pieces to hot oil and cook until golden brown. The hot oil should reach half way up the sides of the chicken.
- Turn pieces and cook on second side.
- When chicken is completely browned, remove from pan and place on a baking sheet.
- Continue cooking in the oven until the chicken is done.