This is Marcel Desaulniers' recipe from the Trellis Restaurant in Williamsburg, Virginia.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- 3Dip pieces into buttermilk, coating thoroughly.
- 4Combine cornmeal and flour in a shallow dish.
- 5Roll the chicken in the mixture, coating thoroughly.
- 6Pour cooking oil into large frying pan, to 1/2 inch depth.
- 7Heat over medium-high heat until very hot.
- 8Add chicken pieces to hot oil and cook until golden brown. The hot oil should reach half way up the sides of the chicken.
- 9Turn pieces and cook on second side.
- 10When chicken is completely browned, remove from pan and place on a baking sheet.
- 11Continue cooking in the oven until the chicken is done.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ferocious Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 687.1
- Calories from Fat 326
- Total Fat 36.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 174.9 mg
- Sodium 233.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 49.0 g