Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is from today's Weekend magazine's Foorcourt column. Did you know that Feta cheese, the Greek brined cheese could have actually originated in Italy. According to some food historians there is no such word as feta in classical Greek; it is a New Greek word, originally tyripheta, or "cheese slice", the word feta comes from the Italian word 'fette' meaning a slice of food!
- Crumble the feta cheese.
- Add herbs and spices and mix well.
- Spread this mixture onto 4 slices of bread.
- Cover with the remaining 4 slices to form 4 sandwiches.
- Press down firmly.
- Cut each sandwich into quarters.
- Seal the edges of quartered sandwiches with wet hands, pressing and pinching the edges firmly.
- Deep fry in hot oil.
- Drain on absorbent paper towels.
- Serve hot with Tomato Ketchup.
- Watch'em vanish!
- Go make some more.