Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Use sweet & sour for a dipping sauce or make your own.April Beason
Make and share this Filipino Lumpia recipe from Food.com.
- In a medium bowel, blend together the ground chuck and pork, onion, green pepper and carrot.
- Place about 2 Tsp of the meat mixture along the center of the wrapper.
- The filling should be no bigger round than your thumb or the wrapper will burn before the meat is cooked.
- Fold one edge of the wrapper over to the other.
- Fold the outer edge in slightly, then continue to roll into a cylinder.
- Wet your finger and wet the edge to seal.
- Repeat with the remaining wrappers, and filling, keeping finished lumpia covered to prevent drying.
- Heat oil in a 9" skillet at medium to medium high heat untiloil is 365 to 375 degrees F.
- Fry 3-4 limpia at a time.
- It should only take 2-3 minutes on each side.
- The lumpia will be nicely browned when done.
- Drain on paper towels.
- You can cut each lumpia into thirds for a party, if you like.