1/2 Photos of First Day of School Fondue Supper
* Pamela *'s Note:
This has been a tradition ever since my son started kindergarten. The first day of school is always exciting and filled with stories to tell. Serving fondue for supper prolongs the meal and lets everyone get their stories told as we slowly cook and enjoy our family time together. Best of all, the prep can be done the night before and so supper can be ready to serve as soon as you are ready. Any extra wieners can be dipped, cooked, cooled, and frozen for school lunches.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut each wiener into 6 pieces. Chop onion and peppers into bite sized pieces (not too small or they will fall of the fondue fork!).
- 2Preheat oil in saucepan over the stove to 190 degree Celsius Transfer to fondue pot over the sink to catch any drips. Wipe fondue pot to be sure there is no oil on the bottom before placing on the fondue pot stand above the flame. For safety reasons, the fondue pot should never be more than 2/3 full of oil.
- 3Spear wiener or vegetable with a fondue fork and dip into batter to coat completely.
- 4Cook, a few at a time, in hot oil in the fondue pot, until the batter becomes puffy and golden. This will take less than 2 minutes.
- 5Suggested dipping sauces: Copy Cat Heinz Ketchup Top Secret Recipes Version of Heinz Ketchup, Bobbie Q Sauce Bobbie-Q Sauce (Barbecue Sauce), Sweet Mustard Sauce 2bleu's Sweet Mustard Sauce for Pretzels and More!, McDonald's BBQ sauce Mc Donald's Barbecue Sauce,Utah Style sauce French Fry Sauce (Utah-style) or Sauce for French Fries, Chipotle southwest sauce Subway's Chipotle Southwest Sauce, Honey Dill Sauce Honey Dill Dipping Sauce,.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for First Day of School Fondue Supper
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 540.6
- Calories from Fat 349
- Total Fat 38.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 105.5 mg
- Sodium 1443.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 17.6 g