Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
For your English fish and chips. The batter is light and crispy.
Make and share this Fish Batter recipe from Food.com.
- Heat deep fat fryer to 180°C.
- Sieve flour and salt together in a bowl. Add the oil and egg yolk, start mixing and then gradually add the beer to make a smooth batter.
- Beat the egg white until soft peaks and fold into batter. The batter should not be kept it must be used.
- Dip fish and fry.
- Serve with chips, peas and tartar sauce.
- Tip for chips, Heat oil to 160°C and fry chips for about 5 minutes, take out and drain you can do this in advance. Then heat the oil to 190°C and put the chips back in for their final fry.