Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
Fish Tacos just like you might find in Southern California or Baja.
Make and share this Fish Tacos recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup dark beer
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 lime, halved
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 teaspoon capers, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 quart oil (for frying)
- 1 lb cod fish fillet, cut into strips
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 (10 ounce) packageof shredded cabbage
- For the beer batter, combine in a large bowl the flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt. Blend egg and beer separately in a small bowl and stir into flour mixture.
- For the sauce, mix together in a medium sized bowl the yogurt and mayonnaise. Squeeze the lime into the mixture to make it runny. Now add the jalapeño, capers, oregano, cumin and cayenne pepper and stir.
- Heat the oil over medium heat until slightly bubbling.
- Roll each fish strip in the batter until completely covered. Deep fry until golden brown and crispy. Drain on a paper towel to cool off.
- Heat tortillas and place a couple of strips of fish in each. Garnish with cabbage, and top with sauce.