Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Not for everyone, but good.
Make and share this French Fried Skunk recipe from Food.com.
- Clean and wash the skunks, making sure that the scent glands are removed.
- Cut up into small serving pieces.
- Put a soup kettle on the stove and add the meat.
- Cover with cold water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Lower the heat and boil until the meat is tender, about 40 minutes.
- Remove all the scum that rises to the surface.
- Make a batter by mixing together the egg yolks, milk, flour, salt and baking powder.
- Mix real good until the batter is about like cake batter.
- Heat the bear fat or lard in a deep fryer to about 360 degrees.
- Dip the pieces of skunk in the batter and then fry them in the deep fryer until golden brown.
- Drain well and serve.