1 hr 20 mins
Not for everyone, but good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Clean and wash the skunks, making sure that the scent glands are removed.
- 2Cut up into small serving pieces.
- 3Put a soup kettle on the stove and add the meat.
- 4Cover with cold water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- 5Lower the heat and boil until the meat is tender, about 40 minutes.
- 6Remove all the scum that rises to the surface.
- 7Make a batter by mixing together the egg yolks, milk, flour, salt and baking powder.
- 8Mix real good until the batter is about like cake batter.
- 9Heat the bear fat or lard in a deep fryer to about 360 degrees.
- 10Dip the pieces of skunk in the batter and then fry them in the deep fryer until golden brown.
- 11Drain well and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Fried Skunk
Serving Size: 1 (352 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 421.2
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 160.0 mg
- Sodium 3564.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 16.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: