1/1 Photo of Fresh Salmon And Lime Cakes
A excellent fish cake, very similar to the prawn cake I have posted, but of course not as high in cholestrol. You can also try grilling it..if you are concerned about adding on the pounds. Still taste good. I have also tried making them bigger, so that they are like a salmon pattie, and eating it as a burger. YUMMY! If you want to add a little heat to the cake, chop up some spicy hot red chilli and add it to the salmon mixture. From Donna Hay's Cookbook titled "flavours"
My Private Note
Small C ...
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g salmon fillets, skin removed
- 1 egg white
- 3 tablespoons fine cornflour
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, shredded
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon wasabi
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- oil, to shallow fry
LIME DIPPING SAUCE
- 1To make the salmon cakes, remove any bones from the salmon and chop into 5mm (1/4 inch) dice.
- 2Combine the chopped salmon with the egg white, corn flour, lime leaves, ginger, wasabi paste and chopped parsley.
- 3(MIX IT WELL) Heat 1 cm (1/2 inch) of oil in frying pan over medium heat, to shallow fry the cakes.
- 4Place 2 tablespoons of the mixture into the hot oil and cook for 35-45 SECONDS each side, or till golden brown in colour.
- 5Drain on kitchen towels, and keep warm in a low oven till you finish cooking up the batter.
- 6To make the lime dipping sauce, combine all the ingredients.
- 7Serve the dipping sauce with the warm salmon cakes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Salmon And Lime Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (737 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 46.1
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 11.5 mg
- Sodium 223.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 5.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
kaffir lime leaves