Genny's Diner in Louisville Ky is famous for a recipe similar to this. It was so costly to eat there that I decided to make my own budget friendly ones at home. It is one of my most requested recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix together egg and buttermilk; whisk well; this is your wet station.
- 2Mix flour, sea salt, pepper, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder and chili powder in a ziploc bag; this is your dry station.
- 3Heat peanut oil to about 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 4Dip pickles into egg and buttermilk mixture.
- 5Place pickles into the flour mixture in the bag.
- 6Shake until well coated.
- 7Fry in hot oil until golden brown and crispy.
- 8Drain on paper towels to soak up grease.
- 9I serve these with Ranch dressing to dip.
Browse Our Top Kid-Friendly Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frickled Pickles
Serving Size: 1 (36 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 48.2
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 8.6 mg
- Sodium 243.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
tomato soup mix