Please note that this is an adopted recipe I haven't tried it yet. I hope to do so soon as it looks delicious to me.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels.
- Cut into strips 1/2" wide by 3" long.
- Stir soy sauce, rice wine, chicken stock, sugar, cornstarch, ginger, and garlic together.
- Place chicken in marinade, turning to coat.
- Marinate at least one hour, turning chicken after half an hour.
- Remove chicken from marinade and drain on paper towels.
- Beat egg slightly with 1/2 teaspoon water.
- One by one, dip chicken pieces in egg and roll in almonds to coat.
- Let almond coated pieces set 15 minutes.
- Heat oil to 350°F Fry chicken pieces in batches one layer deep until crisp, golden brown.
- Be sure to let oil come back up to 350°F between batches.
- Drain on paper towels and serve at once.