Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 45 mins
Very rich, but OH!, so delicious! For best results refrigerate overnight. For the sauce Meyer lemons are the best if you can get them.
For The Artichoke Hearts
- 2 (7 1/2 ounce) jars marinated artichoke hearts
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) boxes panko breadcrumbs (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1 quart buttermilk
- vegetable oil (for frying)
For The Sauce
- 1 cup butter (not margarine)
- 1 lemon, juice of, large
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- grated fresh parmesan cheese
- chopped fresh parsley
- Drain artichoke hearts.
- In separate bowls, set out buttermilk, flour, and Panko.
- Dip artichoke hearts in buttermilk, then dredge in flour, then dip in buttermilk again, then dredge in Panko.
- Cover and refrigerate 4-24 hours.
- While oil is heating, prepare sauce in a small saucepan by combining butter, lemon juice, garlic, and white wine.
- In small batches, fry artichoke hearts until golden brown, drain on paper towels. Transfer to serving plate. Drizzle sauce over top, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley. Serve hot with additional sauce for dipping.