1/7 Photos of Fried Baby Artichokes
These are nice and crisp. Great to dip in you favorite horseradish sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fill a large bowl halfway with water; squeeze the lemon halves into the water and add the lemons.
- 2Trim the stem of 1 artichoke; starting at the base, bend the tough outer leaves back and pull off where they break naturally.
- 3Using a vegetable peeler, peel the dark green skin from the base.
- 4Halve the artichoke lengthwise and scoop out any choke.
- 5Add to the lemon water.
- 6Repeat with the remaining artichokes.
- 7Heat the oil in a heavy large saucepan over medium heat until a thermometer registers 350 degrees F.
- 8Drain the artichokes and pat dry.
- 9Mix spices into flour in a ziplock bag; add artichoke and shake to coat.
- 10Working in 2 batches, add the artichokes to the hot oil and cook until they are tender and golden brown, about 8 minutes.
- 11Using a slotted spoon or tongs, transfer the fried artichokes to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- 12Sprinkle with salt while artichokes are still warm and serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Baby Artichokes
Serving Size: 1 (317 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1615.1
- Calories from Fat 1463
- Total Fat 162.6 g
- Saturated Fat 22.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 275.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.2 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 10.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning