This is a great appetizer to serve at your next dinner. Especially nice in the fall or winter time when cranberries are more plentiful.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 1 lb brie cheese (not over-ripe)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1Place cranberries and water in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- 2Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- 3Remove from heat and stir in the sugar or Splenda.
- 4Return the pan to the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes more.
- 5Pour into a serving dish, keep warm.
- 6Sift the flour onto a plate and coat the cheese on all sides, dip into the beaten egg, then coat with the bread crumbs.
- 7Heat oil in a deep fryer to 350 degrees F, deep fry the brie for 1- 2 minutes on both sides or until the bread crumbs are golden.
- 8Drain well.
- 9Serve the fried brie while still hot with the warm cranberry sauce.
- 10NOTE: I use Splenda and it works fine in this recipe.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Brie With Cranberry Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 790.7
- Calories from Fat 533
- Total Fat 59.2 g
- Saturated Fat 18.3 g
- Cholesterol 110.8 mg
- Sodium 620.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 14.9 g
- Protein 21.3 g