Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great appetizer to serve at your next dinner. Especially nice in the fall or winter time when cranberries are more plentiful.
- Place cranberries and water in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the sugar or Splenda.
- Return the pan to the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes more.
- Pour into a serving dish, keep warm.
- Sift the flour onto a plate and coat the cheese on all sides, dip into the beaten egg, then coat with the bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer to 350 degrees F, deep fry the brie for 1- 2 minutes on both sides or until the bread crumbs are golden.
- Drain well.
- Serve the fried brie while still hot with the warm cranberry sauce.
- NOTE: I use Splenda and it works fine in this recipe.
I told my doctor that I was having "Fried Brie with Cranberry Sauce" for Friday night dinner. Her response was, "When do I want me to book the heart operation." *laughing* I know that this is such a naughty recipe but hey you only live once. And you have to be naughty at least once in your life. *wink* Guys and Gals you just gotta try this recipe. All I will say is, "WOOW". If you are a Brie lover and you don't try this.. you are missing out. The texute is so nice and the cheese was so running and delicious. The crust of the crumbed Brie helps you mop up the melting cheese. The Cranberries really compliment the Brie. Thankya MysterGirl :-)
Tried this with both brie and wensleydale(with cranberries) and loved it.