Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a great appetizer to serve at your next dinner. Especially nice in the fall or winter time when cranberries are more plentiful.
- Place cranberries and water in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the sugar or Splenda.
- Return the pan to the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes more.
- Pour into a serving dish, keep warm.
- Sift the flour onto a plate and coat the cheese on all sides, dip into the beaten egg, then coat with the bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer to 350 degrees F, deep fry the brie for 1- 2 minutes on both sides or until the bread crumbs are golden.
- Drain well.
- Serve the fried brie while still hot with the warm cranberry sauce.
- NOTE: I use Splenda and it works fine in this recipe.