Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Better than any buffalo sandwich you can order at a restaurant! My husband loves them, and we usually have them a few times per month.
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 slices American cheese (optional)
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise (quantity optional)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut in half lengthwise and pounded slightly
- 6 tablespoons Frank's red hot sauce
- 1⁄4 cup margarine (NOT butter)
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or more, if you like it hot)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco sauce
- 3⁄4 cup baking mix (Bisquick, Baking Mix Aka "bisquick" or your own recipe)
- 1⁄2 cup beer
- 1⁄2 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- vegetable oil, for frying (heat about an inch in a large frying pan over medium heat)
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a pan and simmer until melted.
- Set aside.
- Prepare chicken breasts by trimming off all visible fat and pounding.
- Mix batter ingredients until no lumps remain.
- Heat oil in frying pan over medium heat, about 350°F.
- Dredge chicken breasts in batter, letting any excess drain off.
- Fry on one side until golden and done (depending on how thinly you pound them, this takes between 5 - 7 minutes per side).
- Flip over, and continue to fry until done.
- Dip chicken breasts on both sides in buffalo sauce and serve on buns that have a light coating of mayonnaise on both sides.
- Top with cheese if desired.
- We usually serve this with french fries, so while I'm preparing the fries, I place the chicken breasts on a baking rack over a cookie sheet and keep them warm in a 200F oven.
I lost my favorite buffalo chicken sandwich recipe so I was looking for one that sounded as good I haven't made these yet but I'm actually thinking these might be better!!! The only thing I'm going to do different is use blue cheese instead of mayo but thanks for posting I can't believe these have not been reviewed yet!