Better than any buffalo sandwich you can order at a restaurant! My husband loves them, and we usually have them a few times per month.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 slices American cheese (optional)
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise (quantity optional)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut in half lengthwise and pounded slightly
- 6 tablespoons Frank's red hot sauce
- 1/4 cup margarine (NOT butter)
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or more, if you like it hot)
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco sauce
- 1Combine all sauce ingredients in a pan and simmer until melted.
- 2Set aside.
- 3Prepare chicken breasts by trimming off all visible fat and pounding.
- 4Mix batter ingredients until no lumps remain.
- 5Heat oil in frying pan over medium heat, about 350°F.
- 6Dredge chicken breasts in batter, letting any excess drain off.
- 7Fry on one side until golden and done (depending on how thinly you pound them, this takes between 5 - 7 minutes per side).
- 8Flip over, and continue to fry until done.
- 9Dip chicken breasts on both sides in buffalo sauce and serve on buns that have a light coating of mayonnaise on both sides.
- 10Top with cheese if desired.
- 11We usually serve this with french fries, so while I'm preparing the fries, I place the chicken breasts on a baking rack over a cookie sheet and keep them warm in a 200F oven.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 375.7
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 65.3 mg
- Sodium 1239.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 19.8 g