1/1 Photo of Fried Calamari
Crispy, tender, mouthwatering calamari....need I say more?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1First, coat the calamari rings in corn meal, shaking them out to get rid of any excess.
- 2Then dip them into a mixture of the eggs and garlic.
- 3Lastly, dip them into the bread crumbs mixed with salt, coating them well, and shaking off any excess.
- 4Up to this point may be done in advance, and the calamari rings refrigerated for a couple of hours, until you are ready to fry.
- 5Meanwhile, heat the oil (the secret to crispy calamari is hot, hot oil, just below the smoking point.) Fry the rings (in batches) about 1 minute, or until they are golden.
- 6Remove and drain on paper towels.
- 7If you have a deep fryer it's best, but otherwise, make sure the oil is deep enough to cover the calamari.
- 8Serve immediately with lemon wedges, garlic mayo, and marinara sauce.
Browse Our Top Squid Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Calamari
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 207.0
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 181.2 mg
- Sodium 252.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 13.3 g