1/1 Photo of Fried Calamari With Remoulade Sauce Drizzled With Balsamic Syrup
The balsamic vinegar is cooked and reduced to a syrup consistency then drizzled over the calamari, which gives this Cajun calamari and zing!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs cleaned calamari, fresh, cut into 1/4 inch rings, towel dried
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly mixed
- 2 cups corn oil, more if needed
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar, reduced to a thick syrup
- 1Heat balsamic till reduced to a syrup.
- 2Set aside.
- 3Combine the flour, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, paprika, pepper and salt in a shallow bowl.
- 4Heat the oil in a large skillet.
- 5When it is very hot, dredge the calamari in the flour mixture, shake off any excess then dip into egg then flour again and fry in the oil in batches until light-brown and crispy.
- 6Drain on paper towels.
- 7Season with salt.
- 8Place on a platter and drizzle with balsamic syrup.
- 9Serve with Remoulade Sauce (Remoulade Sauce).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Calamari With Remoulade Sauce Drizzled With Balsamic Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 858.1
- Calories from Fat 672
- Total Fat 74.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 148.6 mg
- Sodium 253.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 12.6 g