From Ajax Diner, Oxford, Mississippi. Out of this world.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Seasoned Fry Cornmeal
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1To make the seasoned fry cornmeal: mix together all the ingredients (makes enough for about five 5-7 oz. catfish fillets).
- 2In a deep frying pan or pot, preheat enough vegetable oil to completely submerge the catfish, to 350°.
- 3Dredge the catfish fillet in the seasoned cornmeal; fry fillet in oil for 8 minutes (the catfish will float when done).
- 4Remove fillet from oil and place on paper towels or a brown paper bag to drain.
- 5Spread the top slice of toasted french bread with mayo.
- 6Add a layer of hamburger dill pickle slices and sprinkle with shredded green cabbage.
- 7Put the catfish fillet on the bottom slice; sandwich the two halves together; cut on the diagonal and serve right away.
- 8Additional or other topping suggestions: cheddar cheese, bacon, celery-seed laced coleslaw, jalapeno tartar sauce, Louisiana hot sauce.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Catfish Po Boy
Serving Size: 1 (1238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 582.8
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 74.7 mg
- Sodium 1418.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 34.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: