Prep 30 mins
Cook 18 mins
When we were little, (all 4 of us), we used to beg my dad to make his fried chicken. Now, he made it in a skillet with 3/4lb of lard. I use my deep fryer. I hope you all enjoy this recipe as we all do.
- 1 chicken, cut up
- 18 salted soda crackers, well crushed
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground savory
- 1 tablespoon barbecue seasoning
- 3 eggs, well beaten with
- some milk
- Mix the flour, spices, and crushed crackers together well.
- Soak the chicken pieces in the egg mixture.
- Roll the soaked chicken pieces in the flour mixture.
- Place the chicken in the fryer, and cook to desired tenderness.
We really liked this fried chicken. I thought with the amount of spices used it would be pretty spicy but the flavor was great. The coating turned out crispy and the chicken was moist. Thanks Midge Plourde. Bullwinkle.