1/3 Photos of Fried Chicken Drumsticks Southern Style
1 hr 5 mins
Fried Chicken Drumsticks are a favorite of all sorts of people, but it can be a hard dish to prepare. Give it a try!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Before frying, boil chicken legs in a pot of water for 10 minutes or until meat is cooked (not red).
- 2In a large saucepan, heat vegetable oil on medium heat.
- 3On a large plate, combine flour, cayenne pepper, paprika, and salt.
- 4Keep beaten eggs in a separate bowl.
- 5Take 1 chicken leg and cover it is flour mixture.
- 6Place the chicken leg in eggs and cover it in egg.
- 7Place the chicken leg back into the flour mixture and cover it again in flour.
- 8Once oil is hot and ready for frying, place chicken leg into the oil for frying.
- 9Repeat steps 5-8 for each chicken leg allowing up to 3 legs to fry at one time.
- 10Once legs are fried to a golden brown, remove from oil and place on a double-folded paper towel on a plate.
- 11Allow plenty of time to cool before serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Chicken Drumsticks Southern Style
Serving Size: 1 (351 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3397.4
- Calories from Fat 3014
- Total Fat 334.9 g
- Saturated Fat 50.1 g
- Cholesterol 401.2 mg
- Sodium 1087.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 69.2 g