1/3 Photos of Fried Cod for Fish and Chips With Tartar Sauce
Secret Agent's Note:
Simple and Yummy! We think it's better than Ivar's fish and chips which is the best fast food fish and chips in the USA! Try this Really Easy Tartar Sauce with it. ***Please note that the nutrition facts are a little misleading - you will not be using all of the flour/salt dredge mixture and most of the shortening will still be in the pan when you are done cooking.***
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut each fillet into 3 pieces and dry on paper towels.
- 2Heat the fat until the end of a wooden spoon bubbles, about 375*.
- 3Mix flour with salt and pepper in a flat dish.
- 4Mix egg and water in a bowl.
- 5Dredge cod pieces on all sides and shake off excess flour.
- 6Dip dredged pieces into egg wash and shake off excess egg.
- 7Dip into flour once again and shake off excess flour.
- 8Fry in hot fat until the pieces are nicely browned.Don't crowd the pan. Depending on the thickness of the fish it could take 2 to 5 minutes. Try to turn no more than once.
- 9Drain on paper towels and serve with a lemon wedge, Really Easy Tartar Sauce and fries.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Cod for Fish and Chips With Tartar Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 398.6
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 192.3 mg
- Sodium 2487.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 49.2 g