Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
For extra crispy use stone-ground yellow cornmeal. Adjust all spices to taste. I made this using large basa fillets, it was excellent!
- 236.59 ml yellow cornmeal
- 78.07 ml flour
- 4.92 ml cayenne pepper (or use red pepper)
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 14.78 ml seasoning salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 10-12 catfish fillets
- oil (for frying)
- In a shallow dish combine the first 6 ingredients.
- Dredge the fillets into the mixture and coat evenly.
- In a large cast-iron skillet or a Dutch oven pour about 2-inches of oil; heat to 350 degrees.
- Fry the fillets in batches for about 5-6 minutes turning once until golden.
- Drain on paper towels.
Awesome!!! Loved it and the family did to. I always love your recipes!
This is so easy to toss together when dh wants fried catfish (which is often!) I make this in my deep fryer instead of pan frying.