1/1 Photo of Fried Cornmeal-Crusted Catfish
For extra crispy use stone-ground yellow cornmeal. Adjust all spices to taste. I made this using large basa fillets, it was excellent!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a shallow dish combine the first 6 ingredients.
- 2Dredge the fillets into the mixture and coat evenly.
- 3In a large cast-iron skillet or a Dutch oven pour about 2-inches of oil; heat to 350 degrees.
- 4Fry the fillets in batches for about 5-6 minutes turning once until golden.
- 5Drain on paper towels.
Browse Our Top Catfish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Catfish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Cornmeal-Crusted Catfish
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 417.3
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 145.7 mg
- Sodium 267.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 42.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: