A recipe from a local guy who does a produce show on our local news. I haven't tried this yet, but it looks interesting.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Note - the orginal recipe didn't have ingredient amounts. When I submitted the recipe, Zaar wouldn't take it without amounts, so I just estimated. I haven't tried this recipe, and I'm just posting as a request from one of the message board topics. So go easy on the ratings and please provide tips.
- 2Select cucumbers that are firm and preferably thin-skinned and small-seeded.
- 3Peel, if you wish, slice into 1/8" slices and dip in beaten egg mixture (the eggs with milk). Dredge in flour or preferably Italian seasoned bread crumbs.
- 4Fry in margarine or vegetable oil till browned on both sides.
- 5Drain on a paper towel, salt and pepper and top with Parmesan cheese. A great appetizer or side dish.
- 6Note - hot sauce in the egg mixture or cayenne in the flour or breadcrumbs might kick it up a bit.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Cucumbers
Serving Size: 1 (886 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 822.2
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 449.2 mg
- Sodium 1714.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 121.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 40.1 g