Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A recipe from a local guy who does a produce show on our local news. I haven't tried this yet, but it looks interesting.
- Note - the orginal recipe didn't have ingredient amounts. When I submitted the recipe, Zaar wouldn't take it without amounts, so I just estimated. I haven't tried this recipe, and I'm just posting as a request from one of the message board topics. So go easy on the ratings and please provide tips.
- Select cucumbers that are firm and preferably thin-skinned and small-seeded.
- Peel, if you wish, slice into 1/8" slices and dip in beaten egg mixture (the eggs with milk). Dredge in flour or preferably Italian seasoned bread crumbs.
- Fry in margarine or vegetable oil till browned on both sides.
- Drain on a paper towel, salt and pepper and top with Parmesan cheese. A great appetizer or side dish.
- Note - hot sauce in the egg mixture or cayenne in the flour or breadcrumbs might kick it up a bit.
Oh I use to make these all the time, it is a great way to use those cukes in your garden that get too big to eat. I have never used flour but have used plain breadcrumbs and also corn meal.
This is a great recipe! I used a large deseeded cucumber. I omitted the parmesan, and added oregano, and lawry's season salt to give alittle flavor. I will definatley make this again.
This was incredible. I'm not too much of a cucumber fan, and have been getting a surplus of them in my CSA, so wanted to use them up. These tasted great, I'm so happy to have found this recipe. They taste like a lighter fried zucchini. My boyfriend thought he was eating zucchini (he dislikes cucumbers). Thank you for this recipe, it is outstanding.