Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 mins
- 9 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons paprika
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon pepper
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 egg, beaten
- oil (for frying)
- Mix cheese, parsley, egg, garlic, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Place a tablespoonful on each wonton wrapper, in a strip along one edge, leaving 1/4 inch edge.
- Fold sides in and roll up.
- Brush edge with egg and press to seal.
- Heat 1/4 cup oil until hot.
- Fry 6 at a time, until a deep golden brown, turning once, about 1 minute per side.
- Add more oil to skillet as needed.
- Serve hot.
This recipe is so good and easy to make. I used it for my tapas dinner. Thanks for posting. Be well.Nan
Easy recipe that came together very quickly despite the prep work. I halved the recipe which resulted in 3 appetizers each for the two of us and used wet fingers instead of an egg wash to seal the wontons. The oil was heated to about 250° and the delicious little goats cooked for about 2 minutes per side. Incidentally, mine ended up having three sides because of the way I pinched them closed. (see photo) I might try a different cheese next time as an experiment. My husband and I enjoyed these, thank you!