1/1 Photo of Fried Jack
A Mexican version of the traditional favorite, mozzerella sticks. These are very good as an appetizer or a snack or to serve along with a Mexican meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut cheese into rectangular sticks or one inch cubes.
- 2Place the cheese pieces in a bowl and pour the milk over the cheese, coating thoroughly.
- 3Remove cheese from milk and coat with flour.
- 4Quickly dip in milk again and roll each piece in bread crumbs.
- 5In a medium to large saucepan, heat 2 to 3 inches of oil to med-high heat.
- 6Quickly fry a few pieces of cheese at a time, about 1 minute or until golden.
- 7Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- 8Serve with salsa, if desired.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Jack
Serving Size: 1 (945 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 138.4
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 22.0 mg
- Sodium 233.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 7.4 g