Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A Mexican version of the traditional favorite, mozzerella sticks. These are very good as an appetizer or a snack or to serve along with a Mexican meal.
- Cut cheese into rectangular sticks or one inch cubes.
- Place the cheese pieces in a bowl and pour the milk over the cheese, coating thoroughly.
- Remove cheese from milk and coat with flour.
- Quickly dip in milk again and roll each piece in bread crumbs.
- In a medium to large saucepan, heat 2 to 3 inches of oil to med-high heat.
- Quickly fry a few pieces of cheese at a time, about 1 minute or until golden.
- Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Serve with salsa, if desired.
After I got the hang of it these got easier to fry. I served with marinara instead of salsa.
Wonderful! These have to be the best I've made yet! Mandi
Awesome! This was a BIG hit at my home. I used mozzarella cheese and took others advice and put them in the freezer after breading for a couple of hours before frying. Will make again and experiment with other cheeses. Thanks so much for sharing! Just what I have been looking for!